PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potential Amish Hasidic Hijack foiled by alert nervous pax not saying anything
Old 7th Jun 2009, 04:42
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to know , but we'll get shouted down as usual.
I don't see why we should. The Forum is open to debate from all points of view and I think one's religion is a private matter between themselves and their Deity.

Tolerance and Respect means that if you allow one group of people to stand or make obeisance, in the aisle, you must also allow atheists to mock or scorn their actions, devil worshippers would have to be allowed to sacrifice new-born babies, boil up essence of toad or whatever else they get up to!

The only way to properly enjoy a culturally diverse society, and for minorities to integrate properly, is for everybody to leave their religious and cultural trappings in their dwelling-place and to stand equal with their peers in public places. That is exactly the lefislation introduced by the Netherlands and their ministers were lambasted for it!

FWIW, I am Presbyterian (Church of Ireland). I do pray quite often, and many a time in public, but it is done so quietly and discreetly, no one need ever know except the Great Architect of the Universe and myself.