PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potential Amish Hasidic Hijack foiled by alert nervous pax not saying anything
Old 5th Jun 2009, 09:25
passy777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow -two Mods on my case - I was not even going to dignify the defensive replys with a response, however, as "the world awaits", I will make a final response (as requested) and hopefully we will agree to disagree.

After many many years of flying and traveling the world, I can easily stereotype for example New York Jews, high caste Indians, Brazilian Transvestites, Norwegian oil rig workers, members of the extended Saudi Royal family and many other different groups of people for you though.

Thats fine, but as I alluded to in my previous posting, it would be advisable to keep your own counsel and not post potentially insulting and patronising comment on this forum - especially in your capacity as a Moderator. I would suggest it would be difficult for you to remove similar postings when it seems you cannot control your own! I suspect you would find the stereotypical description of 'Trolly Dolly' lacking in humour - maybe your Japanese passengers feel the same.

If we have a chuckle once in a while because a pax behaves EXACTLY according to what we have come to expect, I see no wrong in that.

Fine - but laugh WITH them not AT them! And certainly don't make disparaging comments on forums about them. Yes we all have our own traits whether it is indiginous to a certain nationality or indeed an individual affliction, habit or nature.

As to Muslims and Jews. Unlike 'Japanese', neither of your examples is a nationality.

Irrespective of religion OR nationality, these are PEOPLE. I suppose the link which directed the forum user to a fully regaled Jew was just for indicitave puposes only then? I used the religious examples as to suggest you would not ridicule them in the same manner as your Japanese tourists, however, there were religious undertones in your posting.

But you couldn't know all that.

Assumptions often lead to misunderstandings - your words - not mine - and patronising drivel. You do not know me, therefore how can you assume what I do and do not know - you would be surprised!

Rant over and that is the end of it as far as I am concerned, and as I indicated earlier in this post, I hope we can agree to disagree.

Passy

Last edited by passy777; 5th Jun 2009 at 10:08.