PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News about Netjets Europe
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2009, 22:12
OATNetjets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I am one of the 45 cadets from Oxford Aviation currently on training in the UK. I will finish the training in the next few weeks.

As it has been said somewhere above Netjets is being very generous with us and does not let us down with nothing else. We have to choose between a package "take the money and leave" and an almost equivalent of the "long term leave of absence". If we go for this one and there is redundancy in the future then we will be the first ones to leave the company.

You can imagine that the situation is even more difficult for us. We have made a big commitment to the company, most of us leaving good jobs for the sake of flying in a good company.

Talking with the others guys (and girls) I suppose most of us feel even more committed than before to a company that treats us that way in difficult moments, in the hope that the situation does not go worse.

I understand that some of you have always the cadet scheme was a bad idea, but I do not write to comment on that. Instead, I would rather like to get objective (if this is really possible) opinions on what is going to happen during the newt few months within the company. Hence the following questions:
1°) Do you think that the most senior pilots will choose to go for one the the proposed options? How far from the 300 equivalent full time jobs will we go?
2°) In case we decide to remain committed to the company waiting for the scheme to reopen, what would you do? Find a flying job (and you know how difficult it is at the present time)? Go back to our previous job (aerospace engineer, FBO operations... )?

I thank you in advance for any constructive advise.