PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2009, 13:19
R T Jones

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
As the beak correctly says I am a trainee with them, I am always slightly nervous about posting too much information on here as it is a public forum. Whether what we have been told is still applicable today is difficult to say, I get the impression that in the airline industry that things change day to day. No further recruitment for the year on Monday may been 50 pilots needed on Tuesday.

There are rumours going around about if and how many of the cadets placed at easy this year will be kept on. Personally I think they will keep some, but I really have no idea how many. This is simply based on my own thoughts and has not been influenced from anything I have heard from CTC.

Perhaps starry eyed and wet behind the ears, but I do believe that CTC are trying to get cadets into airlines. Probably for their own financial benefit rather than the love of us as people, but as I've said, I feel glad that I have them fighting my corner than nothing at all.

One observation I've made is the last time the ATP scheme was opened, it was only open for a matter of days, its been over a month so far. Take from that as you will.