PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2009, 11:57
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cost to CTC for individual pilot training is NOT more than £69000. Of course they make a profit. There is NO sponsorship. They have an agreement with EZY that they will supply a portion of their FO pilot needs. They would rather place you because they will get a fee for a TR and on Flexicrew a fee for a contract pilot but they do NOT lose anything more than that if you are not placed. Here is a lesson for you because it seems some guys and girls are seeing what they want to see - you are where you are and what is around you is what is around you - DO NOT try and make your surroundings fit the map......if you know what I mean. You desperately want it to be a sponsorship, you desperately want there to be some tie in and buy in by CTC but there isn't. They can use you to sell a complimentary good, yes, but if they don't they have only lost a further sale in the form of a TR. Now it is a plus that they will be trying to make that sale and it is a plus that they do not want to lose there USP in the form of a possible job but it is by NO MEANS GUARANTEED AND IS CERTAINLY NOT TIME SPECIFIC. They certainly would not turn away fee paying trainees on the basis of having a buliding pool, that would be crazy - they are a business. And besides 'there is a pilot shortage looming!'

Be wary of having all your eggs in one basket which I feel is a slight flaw in the training model. As I have said before though, as a cadet it does no harm having CTC have the motivation for an additional sale with in you. Do not base your willingness to join on there ability to place you - 2 years is a LONG time and no one knows what could happen. If you are set on an integrated course, pick one and strongly consider CTC, OAT and FTE.