PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disturbed Rest before a flight and FTLs
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2009, 09:40
boredcounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ten,

Trust me the goodwill worked both ways, it is the only way it does. Perhaps you work for a larger airline than I ever have, but I honestly prefer the smaller ‘family environment’. The last time I worked with Cabin Crew, I guess we peaked at about 250 of them on paper rosters. A mutual swap was never met with no without a reason, and where at all possible other names to try and swap with. All Crew were actively disturbed on their rest period to stop them leaving home when flights cancelled over night and put on standby, etc etc. In fact a number of grounded Cabin Crew assigned to us changed their views on almost everything when they worked with us, contact before standby one of them.

I somewhat disagree with Picasa’s comment that Crewing will always win, it is more a case that they are a good friend to have, who, will play harder by the rules when required and know the rules that bit better.

I too now work with online roster access, albeit in box hauling now, not the passenger world. It amazes me how many roster changes are accepted on days off and during rest periods, so thinking about work whilst on all periods free from duty.

Bored