PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DOTARS changes jump seat requirements
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 10:43
Angle of Attack

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
Greenslopes
If only it were that simple D.L. Most airlines provide their crew with a briefing report which lists those on duty for the flight. If your names not down you aint coming in!!...
Umm Yes it is that simple WTF are you going on about? The new rules allow people on staff travel to access the jump if they need to go to work or attend any company business not jusst duty travel related to that particular aircraft. So someone could be travelling somewhere for work that day or maybe next? going to a meeting? a sim? etc, no captain can know if its related to duty or not. FFS you could say you are on duty if your going to check your mail box ffs, that is what is so stupid about this ruling. Its not on duty travel exclusively for that flight its any staff claiming they are using the jump for work.

As far as I am concerned DL is perfectly right Dotars dont know $rap, have your ASIC and say your using it for work related purposes and they have not a leg to stand on! (I am going to work to study! ^^; ) lol they will never and can never win!