PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serious UFO Sightings In The LBIA Zone
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 10:37
HEATHROW DIRECTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been interested in the subject all my life and I have been involved in several very scary UFO incidents during my professional work. I would just say to you that even exceptionally qualified observers can be fooled into believing that they have seen something "interesting.

For some time I was an investigator for BUFORA and incidents which had people seriously frightened could usually be explained away. Something similar to what your father saw was reported by an observer in Hampstead many years ago. One morning he saw several lights quite stationary in the sky for many minutes. The lights got bigger, suddenly moved to the right and then disappeared. What he had seen was an aircraft inbound to Heathrow from France. The observer was in direct line with the aircraft track so to him it did not appear to be moving. As it turned on to final approach at Heathrow it "shot off to the right and disappeared".

I'm not disputing what your reporters thought they saw but I would lay a very large amount of money that it was not "suspect!

As for triangles seen in daylight.... Well I was once told that a huge triangle had been over West Drayton one day. I worked there and saw nothing; none of my colleagues knew anything, nor did any residents of the area so I simply do not believe in such things.

Last edited by HEATHROW DIRECTOR; 2nd Jun 2009 at 13:37.