PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa to challenge ID cards
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2009, 21:10
GearUp CheerUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesnt bother me if they keep my DNA on their database forever. It also doesnt bother me if they keep any other info on me too. I havent done anything that has ever warranted the police to need any of my details and never intend too
A fine argument if we had a government we could trust not to lose our personal information or sell it to the highest bidder. Also if we had a police force we could trust not to manufacture evidence when under pressure to solve crimes.

Sadly, we have neither.

Im sure being woken up at 6am wouldn't be a pleasant experiance by the police, but if the system has got flawwed data on it then when the person was arrested and re-tested it would be obvious it wasnt that person. Then look on the positive side....... A serious crime/rape/murder etc happens and they look on the system. Low and behold the computer says it was x, y or z and the person is duely arrested quickly before commiting several more offences.....
All very well until the police are tempted to over rely on DNA evidence rather than putting in the effort to solve crimes properly. Then, of course, all a criminal requires to fit someone else up for his crimes is a sample of DNA in some form or other to leave at the scene of the crime. Ever read, "Presumed Innocent" by Scott Turow?