PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAPs or Jepps
Thread: DAPs or Jepps
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2009, 00:53
SM227

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you still have exams to do, stay with airservices until you have done IREX and ATPL's. I saw alot of grief from the guys using Jepps in these exams, those crappy thin maps where a scrunched up heap on the floor by the end of the exam

other pro's for daps:

1. They fit in A5 sleaves so you dont need to buy special expensive ones that fit the jepp charts.

2. Alternate minima is not displayed on the app chart, its on the airport diagram page i think, daps have that info on each chart which is handy

3.You can buy the relevent maps and DAP East or West if you only fly in one area, this makes a HUGE saving over jepps

4. Procedural turns have the tracks written on them, you dont need to work them out yourself.

5. I prefer the dap sector entry layout, jepps have a whole page devoted to it which is a bit excessive IMO.

Dont take all these as gospel! I may have been misinformed!

Oh and why do jepps have all those updates? My daps are about a year old and Ive done about 3-4 updates since, while my jepp companion's have had something like 15!!!! If my daps are up to date with only 3, then what the hell is getting updated in all those jepp updates????