PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self sponsored Type Rating and job offers
Old 31st May 2009, 11:10
S.F.L.Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S.F.L.Y,
You have me convinced now. I think you should stop posting about the necessity to buy a rating, jut buy it and get on with business. In fact, dont stop there, buy 1000hrs linetraining and skip the boring useless step as F/O because honestly, who wants to fly as #2.

If your mind is already made up there is really no need to keep discussing. You are using the same arguments as on page 1, is it because you want to implement a new industry standard??
If I had the money to pay for 1000 hrs I wouldn't be worried about getting a job and feeding my family. Please be kind enough and don't try to make fun out of me.

I don't want to implement new industry standards and should you feel that much concerned about it I would recommend you to get into action and try to create a local union or pilot association in order to fight for your convictions. Somehow I guess you're like most of us and will not go further than posting few comments on a forum.

The reason why I started this topic is not to discuss about my personal decision but to react against some insulting comments I've read about SSTR. So far we had a very polite and positive debate and I would appreciate if you could keep it like that.

The fact that airlines are only looking for rated pilots is not new and has nothing to do with me. I would be lowering the standards by accepting lower T&Cs which is not what I'm doing. I'm simply willing to put myself in a position to apply. Also keep in mind that I'm not using daddy's money and that I've been earning it for that particular purpose. It's my choice to work on getting back on tracks.

Everybody knows that connections is one of the most important thing to get a job in this industry. Asking some friends to help putting your CV on top of the list isn't much morale and a SSTR isn't gonna help against a well introduced candidate.