PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2009, 13:36
Montreal-Dubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK

Yes, I agree, plus thats the ups and downs of a scheduled service. It isnt going to be 100 percent all of the time. I have flown on the EK-NCL service 4 times now and 2 of those occasions were complete sell outs, the others were almost there. The business class sales seem to be consistantly good, and the amount of freight they seem to shoehorn into the forward hold is very encouraging. This is where the money lies, economy revenue is just a bonus but not critical. I know you cant be complacent, but I am sure EK dont look at routes short term, they like to build things up gradually. Look at how forward there Australian market has developed over the years. I first flew with them to Melbourne back in 1996, on a A310 with 88 passengers on board!! Some of their routes downunder are now thrice daily! We shall see, most people certainly know they are here, so the marketing has worked. Lets hope the momentum continues. Its just so refreshing to get back to your local airport, on a widebodied plane, direct! And be through customs and on my way home within an hour of hitting the tarmac...