PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News about Netjets Europe
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2009, 11:00
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NJE does not have a classic age pyramid. The young ones are not the most junior and vice versa so saying that LIFO is discriminatory would not be true.

As for getting rid of small fleet pilots, I really see that as even more unfair that the above. The guy joins on the 400 years ago (3 to 5 years), does a good job, gets promoted, does a better job, becomes a line trainer (and frozen on type for a bit longer), his pal on the other hand joins with 1500 hours joins on the GV only 4 months ago. Never gets the chance to prove his commitment to the operation, his qualities or whatever else but hey, gets a GV on his licence as opposed to one of the most useless type rating in the industry (apologies to my 400 colleagues).
So I would say that in this particular case and since NJE has very little ways to reward seniority, some recognition through LIFO would help. Also the more employable guys would be the guy with a GV rating rather than the 400 guy so again, I see here some logic.

There is no nice way to go about and if I am in none of the above cases, I really do hope things improve enough so we only have to go through that briefly before reversing the process so we can all go back to our day to day business of flying jets around the world, with great colleagues.

Take care all