PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 NG (700 or 800) Fuel Over Destination Planning
Old 29th May 2009, 10:22
Gunger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737 NG (700 or 800) Fuel Over Destination Planning

For those that fly or have recently flown this type could you please see if you can answer some of the following questions. Please try and answer in kilograms (kg).

1) What was/is your company 'minimum' flight planned fuel over the destination airport?

2) How long before you would conduct the flight was the flight planned?

3) What variations if any are applied between the two varients (i.e 700 & 800)?

4) What (if any) would the PIC normally take above the company planned fuel?

5) At what level of fuel has boeing or your respective engineering department set the 'low fuel level' lights to trigger in aircraft fleet?

Whilst answering the above, the assumption is that the weather/notams at departure, enroute, and at the destination are all ok and additional fuel (other than planned) for holding etc need not be considered at the planning stage.

Basically where I come from, our company plan us to arrive in both varients with 2400kg over the destination! This quite often is interpreted as 3000kg as a starting point and worked upward from there (i.e 'for the wife and the kids').

Hoping to get some answers from the guy's/girl's whom work for the bigger operators of this type, like Ryanair, Southwest, American, Continental, Qantas, Virgin Blue, KLM etc

Thanks

Gunger