PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2009, 09:01
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know AIr Transat had a triangular via Exeter at one point, but that doesnt really count!
RTG, why does it not count? The route has stayed longer than any other transatlantic route from NCL. Initially started as a charter service, it has migrated into an Air Transat seasonal scheduled service, abeilt aimed at tour operators etc. I believe it is now direct on wednesdays with A310 equipment and does very well, just a pity frequency has dropped over the years - though obviously 1 flight per week is all that is needed.

Am I the only one who can never ever see EK operating across the pond from NCL, nor operate 777 into NCL?

Everyone working for NIAL who has just had the team brief from the senior management team already know the answer to the question your all asking
Is the management just not being a little over ambitious in this current climate - NYC or any scheduled transatlantic service is a long way off in this current climate, even with fuel efficient, low config 757 or similar equipment.

There is one major gap in NCL route network - Eastern Europe! I would of thought when EZY dropped their KRK/PRG/BUD, one of the other loco airlines would have stepped in with 3/4 weekly flights, but obviously demand has dried up or airlines would jump at the chance of a profitable route!?