PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2009, 22:57
maxwelg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ramen noodles

I have nothing to hide, have you? My work name is Max, speak to anyone over here and they'll tell you all about me. I am a metering/measurement consultant, who specializes in state of the art database and instrumentation that measure various fluid and gas production/flows to a high level of confidence and accuracy. If you read though my earlier posts you'll get to know me a whole lot better...

I am also originally from the nuclear power industry and have extensive electrical and electronic engineering qualifications/experience. I am also a time-served craftsman (instruments).

I am not a pilot/avionics engineer, but have been in the offshore industry since '91 and have many flying hours experience as a PAX. So does that classify me as unwashed in the experiences of helo flying? Please clarify your definition of unwashed...

Wrt. HUMS I do not worship the system, but see it as a diagnostic tool that requires extensive experience to fully comprehend. Hopefully one day a neural network system will simplify and improve its analytical and condition-based monitoring potential.

I do not believe that you fully understand how I feel as I'm assuming that you're qualified and work in a different branch of this industry from me. The only commonality we may have is using helos as a mode of transport.

I'm not attempting to allay fears, I'm just trying to understand the collective view of this helo from multiple opinions. I'll make my own judgement on what to believe from this forum, thank you very much.

Anyway, back to the constructive posts. L2driver, glad to hear you understand us PAX along with other posters such as carholme, 212man, to name just a few recent contributors to this post.

Still waiting to hear from Horror Box what has been changed, is maximum IAS one of the modified parameters in the RFM? If you like please PM me.

Rest assured, I've got a list of questions that I'll personally be putting forward to the oil company HSEQ advisors, and if I don't get acceptable answers I'll go straight to Cougar. I'm still hoping that the pending TSB report will provide clarification to some of my questions, but may be a long way away.

This may officially be a rumour network, but in reality contains a wealth of knowledge and experience that IMO is invaluable.