PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lo Co? will it fail?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2009, 09:07
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Flare Idle
"It's a war out there in the shark pond and not a barbie doll contest, so wake up, make your decision and stop whining here on pprune."

May I assure you that I do not whine and I have NOT or have I ever been web hijacked, I am not blind, I compare prices and pick and chose which one works out best for me at the time!
My original post was mainly concerned with the pilot, cabin crews and ground crews ( I use to also work on the ramp, at check-in and boarding gates so I do know how bad the pay considering the horrendous hours worked) terms and conditions being eroded to sustain the Lo Co model. As part of the thread I mentioned how the seemingly very low fares are not all that low and that new "extras" seem to crop up here and there because clearly the advertised prices and "original" low fares don't cut it anymore!

No whining, no moaning and have not been ripped off, but I see a trend and it's worth discussing! I am concerned about the industry NOT as a passenger which I am from time to time but as a pilot who has lost work and sees all his colleagues' ( in some legacy and some lo co carriers) terms and conditions being screwed up as a result!

THE FINAL POINT WAS, should fares go up, be advertised normaly and give the industry and the staff a chance to recover from this downward spiral!
Its worth discussing, I find it interesting to read people's views and I thank you for yours and everyone elses contributions to this topic! Stop being so grumpy!