PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self sponsored Type Rating and job offers
Old 28th May 2009, 06:29
B-767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After more than 36 years flying arround....

I read a lot of valuable things here coming from both sides, however by experience let me all tell you that doing a rating at any of the training centers that provide business jets ratings has ever impressed me and is of any value on your CV if you do not have descent experience on simular types and/or an overall longstanding experience in aviation.
All the people in this business know the sentence : Great, you are doing a perfect job..... and we all know why anybody hardly ever fails a rating, even if you crash the sim a couple of times while doing the training,...(just to make sure you know the answer: the training centers need to survive as well and the instructors want to keep their job as we do...)
If after you receive a type on your license and you have not been line trained in a descent company by descent line trainers, then I have to admit that I would never look at a low experience guy with just the rating only, however if the pilot has lot's of previous experience in other simular types, I will of course consider his CV if the market dictates me to do so. As today you can find typerated pilots with experience on almost any type, maybe a bit more difficult for the 550 and the Global express, I am convinced that even with a type rating and no hours on the type, it will be very hard to get a job if you have no friends in the industry...if on top of that you have no overall experience then let me say it is almost impossible and I would not waste my money on a typerating for the time being...maybe if and when the industry picks up again, it might be a solution, but do not forget : As long as there are type rated guys with experience on the a/c available on the market you will be the last one considered for the job, unless you have friends in the industry that hold the right post...but this could be the subject for another discussion on this forum...
Carpe diem....