PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self sponsored Type Rating and job offers
Old 27th May 2009, 22:35
Flintstone

Originally Posted by NZ X Man
When you submit a resume, it does not state whether you received that training through a past employer or you paid for it yourself.
Indeed it does not but it's easy enough to work out if a TR course preceded a job start date. The rest comes out in interview.

you are speaking for yourself and anybody else you can find to agree with you.
Whereas the proponents of SSTR's are speaking for themselves and the people who don't agree with them?

There are also a list of long standing experienced pilots who when put to the question , would self sponsor a rating if it got them the job...
Someone made up a list of pilots who agree with SSTR? Where is it?
There are also many experienced pilots, several of whom have posted here, who say you should not pay for a type rating.

I remember there was a question from a Pruner who asked what type of rating he should get, and received many responses, your comment was how all that information was going to do him any good. The question he asked was what type of rating would work, Not your opinion on whether he should get the type or NOT!
I had to read this section half a dozen times to get it to make sense but I'm there now. I think you're referring to another thread, yes? What does it have to do with this one? Nobody here has asked for advice on a TR, nobody has given such advice so why bring it up here?

....arguing whether it is right, or brings down the industry standards, is a waste of time.
You're entitled to your opinion and if you want to roll over then do so. It is my opinion (and others, those people I've managed to find that agree with me) that it is worth trying to retain decent T&C's. You're a couple of years from retirement, some of us will be working in this industry long after you're gone and I'm damned if I'm going to roll over as well.

take a look at the Industry standards these days, and tell me how much further in the ditch it is going to go.
A long way if people keep paying to reduce our lot.

Seeing as you asked the question your spelling is fine. Your punctuation however is spasmodic, woefully inaccurate and way below par which made sections of your post almost impossible to understand. Before you get angry about that too remember, you asked for my opinion. Mate. (Emoticon added for hilarious comedic effect).

Last edited by Flintstone; 27th May 2009 at 23:49.