PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self sponsored Type Rating and job offers
Old 27th May 2009, 21:21
NZ X man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
type rating

Flintsone
When you submit a resume, it does not state whether you received that training through a past employer or you paid for it yourself. As far as your statement " is that many in this branch of the industry still regard a SSTR as wrong", you are speaking for yourself and anybody else you can find to agree with you. There are also a list of long standing experienced pilots who when put to the question , would self sponsor a rating if it got them the job, because that was the type of job it was at the time, and perhaps combined with their current economic situation.\, left them only two options I remember there was a question from a Pruner who asked what type of rating he should get, and received many responses, your comment was how all that information was going to do him any good. The question he asked was what type of rating would work, Not your opinion on whether he should get the type or NOT!
Yes, decades ago, nobody really paid for the own type rating, and having the rating with out the experience is not much more of a bonus, and no I do not like the idea of paying for my own rating or re-currency, but sometimes that is all that is left to do to get your foot in the door toward that badly needed aviation position. If it works, then it works, and arguing whether it is right, or brings down the industry standards, is a waste of time. Hay pal take a look at the Industry standards these days, and tell me how much further in the ditch it is going to go.

Did I spell all this OK MATE!