PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lo Co? will it fail?
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2009, 16:56
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree I agree fully! Mind u its easy now, I add €80-90 to the original fare and usually I'm accurate to within €5. Its a fairly silly practice I feel at this stage as most know that the original price is totally misleading! As you say once into the process, some not all will just carry on and book! Another thing this parctice does is make it VERY time consuming to compare fares, as you need to go so far through the booking process to get close to the end price!
HOWEVER, it is STILL possible to get an absolute bargain once in a while.
But I would as most people just want this ridiculous pricing strategy to be replaced with a bottom line cost..maybe just bags and insurance as an add on, but spare me this "booking fee, bags, seat allocation, priority, credit card transaction, handling fee" FIASCO!
What the hell, an on-line booking fee?????Who came up with that piece of genius? Its just more of it, trying to claw back the price of a normal fare!
Wonder what's coming next? They 'll charge for a bag tag also?? Its not a long ways off before a cadet will pay to fly the first 200hrs on FR and EZY!