PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disturbed Rest before a flight and FTLs
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2009, 16:40
Ten West

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I call SB's out, I allow them the full 90 minutes travelling time before report. If the report time is the same as the start of SB time then they're not usable for that flight. End Of. Standby duty starts at standby time, not during your rest period. You'd be within your rights to refuse the duty if you're disturbed during your rest period.

If crews want to phone in of their own volition before going to sleep so that they know if they've been allocated to a flight and can plan their rest, then that's fine, but once into the rest period prior to the start of standby I wouldn't dream of calling them up.

If crew are being called out for flights without enough notice to get to their bases and report then I'd ask your rostering bods to look at moving the SB times so that SB blocks are actually covering the travelling time as well as the flight's report. Seems like they're pretty random at the moment.

PS: Apologies for posting in a Cabin Crew forum, but crewing is where I work, so I know a little about this sort of thing.

Right. back to lurking.