PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2009, 13:43
carholme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horror Box;

You keep stating all of these great improvements which have helped the situation, but you continually fail to list them as per the request from maxwelg2. So, why not provide us with a specific list of operational and maintenance changes which you claim to have followed closely.

I am sure the pax are greatly relieved to hear from the S92 pilots and their faith in the aircraft but this is what we have done far too long in this business, treat them like cattle, load em up, close the doors and bs them when anything happens.

But these offshore workers are a bit different than the normal cattle loaded onto the airlines as their travel is intimately related to their work, their specific training required to fly offshore attests to that.

I have read all of the 125 Q&As between the offshore workers and Cougar and the Cougar responses seem to speak down to the questioners. I understand that to a degree the pax are not intimately familiar with every aspect of aviation, but in the case of offshore travel, the degree of risk involved and the two recent losses, I think we have to find a new way to make the pax more inclusive. As stated before, they are the reason the helicopters are required and we owe them much more than a simple, "I fly it, so you don't have to worry". They are not buying this anymore and I don't blame them, they deserve better than that.

carholme