PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Spin: Osaka cancelled due to Swine flu?!
Old 27th May 2009, 11:51
Condition lever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL - fair enough. Not very cost effective though, and you would have to compare the potential drop off in clientele versus the exorbitant cost of parking an NRT and the loss of utilisation of the aircraft. However given there are experts working on this – point conceded.

CK – given you were mouthing off –
hogwash
I believe you said, clearly something did change and QF are no longer (or soon not to) be doing SYD-BOM-SYD – that was my point.

The Jetstar flights have been zooming to the moon since day one. They are always light.
– what facts are you using to determine that? Hogwash????

Comparing your post to TL’s where the business market is discussed, a large proportion of the pax on Jetstar’s flights are Japanese school children – definitely a holiday market, which would be unlikely to pay the premium cost of QF.
Are you aware of the additional A330s Jetstar will be receiving? No doubt utilisation of these airframes will increase. Will they make more money – I don’t know.

Ken – you are either a brain surgeon or a rocket scientist – do they have their own website where you can make your insightful comments??

My point on this issue is that I would prefer that Jetstar was not in this market at all. It is a loss making exercise that is purely being done to maintain landing slots (no doubt for QF’s premium market in the future). My understanding is that flights are being carried out by J* – not to make money, but to minimise the losses incurred by the group, and that is why Jetstar is now flying them – they make less of a loss in this climate than mainline.