PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Spin: Osaka cancelled due to Swine flu?!
Old 27th May 2009, 05:16
Capt Kremin

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Condition Lever. The direct A330 SYD-BOM-SYD flights finish next week. They are being replaced by a SIN-BOM-SIN service. Still a QF service. What is your point?

As of the last couple of weeks the QF NRT services have been light. Its the shoulder period or maybe Swine flu hysteria, I don't know. The Jetstar flights have been zooming to the moon since day one. They are always light. This is management spin and nothing else.

If you knew the Japanese market you would know that the average Japanese person does not get a lot of holidays per year. Therefore they would rather fly at night to maximise their time in a holiday destination. The QF 21/22 have been doing it since time immemorial.

You have been listening to much to Jetstar management. I was told by a 24 year old Jetstar Cabin supervisor recently that, quote "Jetstar has learned from Qantas' mistakes." I didn't have the heart to tell her that most consider Jetstar International to be Qantas' biggest mistake so far.