PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self sponsored Type Rating and job offers
Old 26th May 2009, 11:02
doubleu-anker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S.F.L.Y

Correct.

There are people out there who will stick a knife, in your back, fare between the shoulder blades to take your job or mine for less than half the money.

None of us are indispensable as we are only as good as our last flight in this business, meaning, screw up bad enough and you're out. None of us are immune, regardless of experience.

In an ideal world, it is true, don't pay for a type rating. However if you think it will get you ahead and you have the cash, go for it but it is extremely risky. Anyone who has even paid for a license is guilty of financing their qualifications, just as much as the guy who has paid or prepared to pay for a type rating. I financed my licence, so I am as guilty as the next.

Pilots will never ever stick together, on anything. there will always be people who will break ranks. This is the very reason we are all working for rubbish and slaves to the industry because none of us will ever stick together and never have. Like it or not accountants have a very big say in how money is spent. Why should they agree to payout for a TR, when some one is prepared to pay for it, or already has the TR? From an accountants point of view it would be stupid to shall out for training when not necessary. This is business hard nosed as it is. And no I cant stand accountants either.

I have been flying professionally since 1972, (dangerous job) when I was paid "good" money and still am and yet my salary has more than halved in real terms since then. So we really cant blame the self financers for this can we.

Last edited by doubleu-anker; 26th May 2009 at 11:22.