PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to get 30% rise
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2001, 12:55
loaded1

A little bird told me that RE has been to see The Daily M@il. Now, this may well be in the spirit of friendly corporate get- togethers, however those of us who have seen a previous ballot in BA will remember the stance that The Daily Thunderer took, and one journalist's role in particular. His pieces about BA pilots were the most disgraceful example of so-called journalism I have ever seen. (OK, Channel 4 is on par).

My suspicion would be that this topic was aired over lunch, and the usual offers of unanimous and vitriolic support given.

Back at The Blue Lagoon, our crew report centre, our new director of Flight Crew is quoted as saying that within 5 years "the CSD will be in overall charge of the aeroplane", and to have defended the remark when challenged. I freely admit that this is hearsay from a company bulletin board elsewhere, however recent events make the five year delay look somewhat optimistic.

Meanwhile, the package of threats and intimidation that was deployed during the last ballot has been dusted off and a series of refinements added that make the middle level ground-based managers in flight operations,(many of whom, I am happy to be on record as saying, work long hard hours in a cramped and over-crowded office for little or no recognition or thanks from the wider airline, who hide from the gritty reality of the daily operation at the Waterworld delusion palace), look fearful of the outcome for the airline as a whole if a dispute occurs.

Our new D of FC is reputed to be keen for the struggle to come, and confident that he can achieve new lows in remuneration against productive hours.

What's that Chinese proverb?

May you live in interesting times?