PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo pilot life
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2009, 10:51
Zurg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's not some mythical split between cargo and pax operations.
All require the same licences, a short haul turboprop pax operation will probably be looking for exactly the same experience from pilots as it's cargo equivalent.
Just like the passenger airlines, cargo airlines vary from turboprops operating locally, to the heavies operating long haul around the world. Many of the majors have their cargo aircraft operated by the same crews who next trip will be taking 400 people on their holidays.
No secrets or special deals, simply jobs advertised and requirements stated. This has all been said before by other posters.

As for lifestyle, I currently have the best pay I have ever received and the best time off. But, long periods down route, away from home and the most boring flying I've ever done. (2 long haul passenger airlines prior to this freight job.)

Beastman, best of luck with it, all airlines did have to be risky start ups once.

Sorry but I have to say it, igarratt, my 12 year old daughter writes and spells considerably better than you.
Take some pride in what you put your name to, there's still those covering letters to write!