PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo pilot life
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2009, 23:05
igarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could i please ask, especially if there are any recent new to cargo / recent qualified is there a general practice of how you get into the cargo world ?

I wondered if it was found more that passenger pilots moved over to cargo or if it was more likely to have new qualified doing cargo either to stay or awaiting an opening with the passenger airlines.

The cargo world seems to have more of an attraction than passengers to me at the moment.

My other question was with demand, maybe foolishly but i assume there is far more passenger pilot positions (no vacances) than freight ? anyone offer any ideas on numbers or percentages. Would it be harder for me to get a job in cargo being new fatpl or passenger.

If there is any new qualified pilots that have joined cargo be interested in how you found your way in, any differences in requirements / experience, advantages of being a noob ), though any info on how you came to be a cargo pilot.

masocistic i may be but there is attraction to flying handme downs if they are still useds, 707's' 727' even role me out a trident lol, maybe i'm just used to training planes with bits falling off when you breath at them he he
I like to phisicaly fly the plane.

Any advice, background, experience and your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

I'm currently liverpool/manchester based, with not a lot of cargo operators i can spy, is the south more popular ? is there a list of uk operators, fleet, a/c, min job req maybe ?

cheers Ian