PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lo Co? will it fail?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2009, 12:52
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that the luxury all inclusive fares are in this economy an unatractive option and where people can they will save money and reduce the frills, but I have just booked a flight and although the basic seat was less than €20 return the final cost including 1 checked in bag was €100 more! And I did not choose to select my seat! So is this low fares?? There are no frills here, just me and a bag!!! My point is that these are not low fares, they are REASONABLE fares, the advertised price is utter garbage as we ALL know by now and ALL those extras being charged are purely a means to supplement the unworkable advertised cost of the seat. Me and a bag is NOT a frill. Those are the basic necessities of travel abroad!
AGAIN, bearing in mind that so far, this model has only been able to work by screwing over ALL the airline proffessions, not just flight deck, and I see that we are getting shafted more and more in order to try and sustain the low cost illusion! So can it continue?? Or will changes HAVE to be made before the whole sorry mess implodes?