PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2009, 09:07
Horror box

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have got to agree with the previous two posts. As an S92 pilot, I was as concerned as anyone else about some of the issues, and have followed the progress of the channels to rectify the faults very closely. These have been both manufacturer and operator driven. I am entirely satisfied that what has been done, is sufficient, and I have no problems whatsoever flying the machine day in day out. New procedures have been introduced, checklists have been modified, and servicing procedures and inspections have been modified. There are still areas for improvement, but overall things are going in the right direction. We are far more aware now of the potential problems, as pilots and engineers and we will not fly if we have the slightest suspicion that something is not right. All helicopters have a degree of danger, but on balance I would rather be in the S92 than pretty much anything else. Of the 8 types i have flown in the past, this is still by far the safest IMO, but there is always room for improvement.