PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets. The Silver Lining
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2002, 10:54
Stan Woolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the above posts are accurate regarding many of the concerns people have about the operation, what are they doing about it?

I know times are tough in the pilot market now but personally I would rather be unemployed than fly for a company like the one described by happyjacks' second cousin (twice removed of course ).

I left a company last year over concerns of a similar nature to some of those described, I was lucky - I had somewhere to go, with ratings, and it was before 11/9. I left because I could see there was no way things would change significantly enough to make me feel safe, mainly regarding training and standards.

I now regret leaving as quietly as I did!

Given the same circumstances I would write to the CAA equivalent of every country we operated to and express my concerns, including evidence that I had from other pilots too. If nothing else, if there is an accident, it will add pressure to the authorities and the company.

It may be too late for that crew/pax but it may help down the line, and stop any lip service approach to aviation safety while at the same time pushing the AOC holders line with the customers. I could not believe the difference in the service/standards between the cabin and the cockpit, all the effort went to the wrong place.

Talk about ignorance being bliss! I would be much more choosy than many multi-millionaires seem content to be.