PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:16
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oh, and by 'investing' ( another word for losing money) in a swanky new terminal at Heathrow has actually yet to show any dividend whatsoever.
That statement is actually patently untrue and T5 has and is continuing to provide a significant improvement over BA's previous ground based costs. I have seen figures but do not have them on record.

Final 3 Greens, you are quite correct when you say that it must be unpleasant to read threads such as this. Interestingly your calm and factual observations from your experience are at once easier to read and also a cause for great despair. Pilots, probably more than any other group, are tied via seniority into BA's future.

We are aware of and observe the facts which you state. I can assure you that many of us personally and via our representatives have forcefully told our managers and even the CEO what we observe and hear. It is indicative of the bovine leadership we endure that nothing ever seems to change and despite the importance of retaining customers, let alone trying to attract new ones, we, as a company, sail on regardless with an imperious arrogance of truly mind blowing proportions.

If I am totally honest for the first time in over twenty years I fear for the survival of BA and am carefully calculating whether I can afford to take early retirement and salvage what I can while there is something still available to salvage.