PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:50
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am internationally based
Aren't we all?

I get the fact that you feel as a Premium customer you are undervalued however I would remind you that this is the British Airways forum, hence I make no apologies for a UK bias and mentioning LHR as the home of....er British Airways.
The reason ZRH is more efficient is partly becasue of the Swiss nation themselves and partly because it handles a mere fraction of the traffic and can afford to be. Swiss premium may be much better but Swissair ( for it is they that they were born from ) was legendary for service and look at 1) Only the extremely well off could afford to fly frequently and 2) They went bust.

Being based in Malta, you must know that all you are going to get is an old B737-400 from LGW. Before that it wasn't even a BA service, it was a GB franchise route in recent years.

Heathrow is well past its sell by date, what is needed is a new airport. Paris bit the bullet in the 1970s and the UK should have done the same a long time ago.
I can only assume you don't use CDG much as it is as much a dysfunctional nightmare as LHR, except that with LHR's T5 and East development, LHR is improving!! CDG is a joke in transit.

I am well aware of the constraints at Heathrow, as I have worked as a consultant looking at some of these.
A serious effort at Stansted in the 80s could have seen London's premier airport located there, with proper high speed rail links.
If you were indeed a consultant on UK transport then you'll be aware as to why moving to a farm in Essex was never really an option for anyone working where the market was.....which was the M4 corridor, the Thames Valley and WEST London.