PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aerodynamics in MALAGA NOW.. what about?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 09:42
LH2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polo,

thanks for your reply. So to summarise, I understand that you have no first-hand experience of this particular school?

So far we've got two people who claim to be there or have been recently:

Privatairdreaming
Pace152

And two people who are instructors at other schools, who do not claim to have any direct, recent or past, experience with Aerodynamics:

polohippo
BigGrecian

Largely the same pattern repeats itself in other similar threads.

By way of example of why second-hand information is unreliable:

one of my colleagues who stated that having NO multi engine experience at all was put in the sim on his first day there without any briefing at all. In the climb out the instructor failed an engine on him and then started laughing at him when it all went horribly wrong.
The first sim "session" is just to get a feel for the sim itself, there is no instruction involved other than explain where things are in the sim and how it differs from the real aircraft (as it says in the training curriculum). Before this, your colleague would have had a full day's (or was it two days?) ME theory briefing and sat a quick exam, and before even that, likely he would have passed 14 ATPL subjects, including those dealing with ME flight and performance?

To me what this illustrates (whether it applies to your colleague or not) is that some people: a) do not pay attention, and b) want to be spoon-fed everything. That will not work in places such as Spain (and btw even less so in France) where you are expected to put your own effort into things.

So to repeat my earlier point to the original poster: just like when choosing any other service provider, you really need to go there yourself or at least have someone you know personally who has been there. I didn't follow my own advice for my first choice of IR school (Aerofan in LECU), and three days latter I was out of there like a bat out of hell.

I think that it is so hard to find the best way to do your training
I agree with that. I was fortunate enough not to have any kind of pressure on me (financial, time, or otherwise) so I could choose whichever route suited me best, and backtrack if I felt I had made a mistake (see above) but even so it wasn't easy to make those decisions.

To the original poster: Good luck in whatever you choose and I hope you end up having as much fun as I do
Seconded.