PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad to Abuja/Lagos called off??
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 08:50
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Poor standards of driving in Nigeria made an issue on a forum about the Middle East ..................... you guys noticed the driving standards here in UAE? The car trying to get past you by pushing you off the highway at around 140kph; the zooming in and out of lanes at 140+ kph as they race each other in the latest top of the range model of car; the fatals here are every bit as spectacular as other parts of the world.

At least in Nigeria it is rare to have roads good enough to go fast!!

Some of the incidents quoted on here go back 20-30 years in time, well the first time the story was told goes back that far!! Of course things cannot possibly have changed in Nigeria cos that would mean people having to change their deep rooted attitudes.

The Sheraton Hotel, a western run chain of hotels last time I checked, rips the airlines and staff off with its charges and provides mediocre food in its restaurants. There is a nice Chinese restaurant next door to the Sheraton which I went to many times, plus a couple of good venues in Ikeja GRA which are better value for food. On Victoria Island there is a good choice of hotels and restaurants and security is better.

Crime happens everywhere. If I go onto BBC News website and click on the the UK news nearly every story is about rape, murder, robbery. Armed Police are regularly in the news for non terrorist reasons.

It isn't compulsory to have a bad time in Nigeria, you can have a good time if you want to.