PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:28
Final 3 Greens

realise what great value you get for your money.
With all due respect, you don't and that is the problem.

BA is no longer a product worth paying a premium for, the competitive advantage that the innovation typified by flat beds (remember BA was the world leader in introducing these) no longer seems to be there and the company appears to be a follower, these days.

I fly Star Alliance, Emirate and other airlines in business quite regularly. For example, I did some flights to South America with Iberia last year, frankly with very low expectations and found the product and service to be very good (flat bed, good food/wine.) When I price the flights, BA is not often competitive and I don't see the extra value to pay more.

Its a shame, but there you are.

I have no doubt that the pilots are selected and trained to be the equal or better of their peers, but the cabin crew are not as good (consistently) as they used to be, for example I took 2 flights on the 'thigh grabber' in May.

One had an excellent purser (or whatever they are called) who monitored our needs in an unobtrusive way all the flight and the other crew did the very minimum, bfore retreating to read the Mail. To be fair, it was not their fault they had no Campari on board (outbound from LGW), but to be without soda water as well was pretty poor for an alleged 'full service' airline.

I do not understand what BA's strategy is and I get mixed messages from the airline - what I do know is that other airline's have better value propositions at the moment.

This is not BA bashing, as it would suit me to have another viable and vfm choice, I would come back in an instant, but the company has to start providing better value for money.