PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:58
Dan Air 87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay. I am SLF and a frequent flyer to where the oil industry is based so I am working into places such as ABZ, LOS, PHC, LAD and IAH to name a few. I prefer to fly out of LHR where possible. Despite the cost pressures of my firm (they want me to fly to LOS via Tripoli) I still believe in the BA long haul product. The crews do a damned good job and T5 is simply brilliant compared to T3 which to my eyes has simply papered over the cracks.

Short haul is always a problem but the phasing out of the B734's can't come quickly enough. Ok the interiors a bit naff but if you have a/c which are due to go off lease soon why waste more money doing a refurb? I'd much rather BA save this money and freshen up the interiors of the Airbus fleet.

BA's biggest problem is the decrease in J and W traffic where they make their money and the price of fuel. Its a common problem and in the climate was bound to happen. Other airlines are posting large losses so BA is not alone.

I for one will be keeping faith with BA. Those of you out there who want to fly with LCC's are more than welcome but you are missing great service from a great airline. BA will bounce back and in a year we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about. It needs managers and customers to hold their nerve too and realise what great value you get for your money.