PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:57
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
slip and turn
PPS If what he's doing IS bait and switch, your bottom line buying decision is beside the point, PaxBoy
Well ... if I know I am going to pay the £5 per flight as a starter, and I ignore the 'bait' prices and just go for the days I want, modified by any flexibility I may have, then wait until I see the bottom line demand - how is it beside the point? Since they are going to charge me the £5 each way at some stage, I have to click a Confirm button at some stage. Since my last booking was made before the change, I have not had a chance to see how and where they bill the extra Tenner. It might be bait and switch but I still can say Yes or No.

I think that this change is entirely normal for FR, they will gain loads of free publicity about it - so that folks will know it has been implemented - and in the future they can offer 'special deals' when they do NOT charge the Fiver per sector and they win both ways! Since they have to raise prices at some stage, this is as good a way as any other, in their business model.