PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:37
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a lot of boll**** people write on this thread!

Originally Posted by Brian Fantana
BA have not made a profit - boo bloody hoo.
I flew with BA LHR-YYC a while ago and was amazed to see a cruise relief pilot. This is a single sector duty, ( cannot remember flight time)
I'll save you the trouble, it's 9:25.

I have operated UK-YYC lots of times and only two crew, there is no need for a relief pilot!
Go and pick up your copy of CAP 371, a BA schedule, and then come back and tell us why BA think they need a third pilot. Don't forget the return leg.

How many BA flights are operated in this throw money down the drain manner?
I guess its all the ones that BA can't legally operate with two crew.

Whilst on a BA flight Singapore-LHR I was chatting to the crew they had been staying at the expensive Raffles hotel.
That must have been nice for them, perhaps they had treated themselves out of their own pockets? BA pilots do not, and have never, stayed at the expensive Raffles hotel on company money.

BA get off and night stop in Cyprus when all the charter boys are operating straight back to the UK.
What do you think drives that nightstop? The desire to give the boys a night off in the Med, or the commercial departments decision about what time they want a LCA service to operate to best match customer demand and aircraft availability?

It’s about time they got in the real world
I think you could do with taking your own advice there!

Originally Posted by JKKne
British' Airways is probably an operative word

When I lived in the UK, in the NE, the airline was as relevant and accessible to me as KLM or Air France.

I doubt any of the regions will have much sympathy for them
Change the record, it's getting boring. The North East doesn't generate sufficient revenue to support a base for any significant network carrier. Air France and KLM don't do anything different from BA, except operate a less frequent service to NCL.

Originally Posted by aar4n5
If BA had not paid out £350 million in fines and £80 million the give managers a huge pay off to leave the company would it have resulted in a profit ???
No it wouldn't. The £350M fine was on the 08/09 accounts. The £80M isn't to give the manages a huge pay off, its the voluntary redundancy bill for the whole company.