PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:52
Munnyspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F3G,

If you respond to the link that you would have been given with the standard response you will be able to frustrate yourself even further by entering into increasingly pompous and illogical discussion with customer services representative of ever higher status. BA don't care a jot. The economic downturn is a saviour to their management who lost the plot 12 months ago, or more. Fuel costs were high last summer and into the winter but where are they now?

The results are, in my humble opinion, a lot better than expected and, unlike the banking sector, who have been at pains to cover the worst eventuality in the final year accounts, I think BA are still trying to paint a rosy picture of a company with a huge pension problem, a failing business model and no real idea how to sort it out. There are still too many staff and far too many managers.

BA still has global brand potential but it needs a radical re-think to turn it around. There are few global brands that continue to operate in the same way as BA and, whilst credit is due for limiting their stated losses to £400m, the management need to wake up and realise that the world is changing far quicker that BA ever can.

Despite the persistent thrumming of WW stating that BA is a premium airline with premium values the fact is that BA no longer undertsnd the meaning of the word 'Premium' and don't actually understand that many of their customers do. This is why you get patronising guff from Customer relations whose mailbox is probably permanantly fixed to a shredder.

And Before anyone says that I simply have a thing about BA I will remind them that I was a loayal customer for over 10 years and have accummulated and used many hundreds of thousand BA miles over that period. The decline is terminal ( excuse the pun) and someone has to say it.

If I belived that BA had a future and could be a premium ailrine again - I would be delighted. I don't and I'm prepared to say it.