PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad to Abuja/Lagos called off??
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2009, 15:57
ZAZOO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LJT, what is your problem bros, in a few months or a year at most due to the current delays at Boeing and Airbus the new equipment ordered by wings of Nigeria will arrive.

The Plan I gather is to match every major route operated by these airlines and believe me it is going to happen Sir Johnson has always made his position clear about Nigerians having to deal with foreign carriers. Personally I do not have that problem cos I now route all my international travels via the UK, so I fly ARIK " I hear u do urself " he has also his thoughts on expatriate crews...and believe me u should hear the man, but that will talk about another time.

When u have expatriate crew writing things like who in their right mind wants to go to that crime ridden, drug infested sewer anyway?? and also I am ecstatic that I don't have to fly there, LTJ its been the case for ages here with a very few of these punters.

Take a look a few years back at some of my responses here on pprune, I predicted the current wave in Nigeria concerning the airline industrie and today we have about 200 and I think even more expats who have recently started work here in the country even some from XL I gather all earning a living and paying their bills at home and as much as they may not like it in Naija, well they have a job...! Just checkout the spanish girl in Arik on the B737 who would have believed eh.... even if she is just here to build time and go, the fact remains that she is here in Nigeria doing it...

Also no Major player in the aviation industrie in Nigeria today can afford to fail in its operations. You see the fact is like I did say a few years back, that, the playing field will not only be in Nigeria alone but when the growth starts, which it has, then it would have to cover the whole of west africa and the nations surrounding our country, we are the only ones with the finance and equipment and this we shall start to see in a few weeks to come.
The plain truth of the matter is, If the rest of our neighbours want to expand their economic growth then they need us to get them in the Air, and they are already on our neck.

The sky is the limit for Nigerian carriers if we do the right thing.

The current crisis in some of the major carriers we are experiencing right now will end, I feel it is due to inexperienced persons who have no business running the show, but would do us and their carriers better by putting their skills to good use in the cockpit rather than in this too rapid an expansion going on in our industry. We need good and sincere airline management people whether Expat or Naija I no care as far as we are the owners, then no shakkin.

What happened to Airways shall and will not repeat itself again, please gentlemen.

So as for me these days I just look out of my window in the airplane with a slight grin when I see all the happenings around our good old Lagos and most especially the new young entrants that have joined us like the one sitting next to me and say the old thing we all say.... e go better, this na just the begining...abi....

Safe flying guys and please behave in the Hold...

Zazoo

Last edited by ZAZOO; 21st May 2009 at 21:22.