PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2009, 19:22
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough, obviously Jet2 have taken a risk but I am still under the belief that its not entirely their fault as they have been given permission to fly the flights in question. Murcia is one of Jet2's most important routes, they have been flying there since the start of Jet2's operations so i'm pretty sure Jet2 will have a fair idea of whats gone wrong be it their own fault or AENA's. I guess the information passed on from Jet2 to its staff is not true then.

They could easily swap the AGP flight into the morning and operate the MJV as the afternoon flight.
That would be an ideal situation, but I would imagine that up until recently Jet2 were under the impression that the flights to Murcia would be operating with no problems. So yes swapping the flight months ago would have been a realistic option but doing it at the last minute is going to really screw up a lot of peoples plans.

If you work for Jet2, is your attitude to delayed passengers typical?
My attitude to delayed passengers is as follows. I would much prefer for Jet2 to delay a flight and inconvenience ~ 200 Murcia passengers rather than re-schedule the Malaga flight at the last minute, meaning that both the AGP and MJV flights have severe disruptions. Hence why I said the only option for Jet2 is to delay the Murcia flight. Yes okay the Murcia passengers will not be happier but for us staff who have to deal with these situations this is far the best option. Imagine the chaos if Jet2 decided to swap the AGP and MJV flight at the last minute as has been suggested, you have around 400 outbound passengers and potentially 400 inbound passengers who are 1) Rather annoyed, 2) Need to change drop off arrangements at the airport i.e. taxi's, car parking, train tickets etc, 3) Need to change arrival arragnements. The list is endless of how much minor documentation and staff briefing has to go on.

So my view on delayed passengers is that yes, its by far a pretty crap situation (Wether it be Jet2's fault or AENA's fault etc) but as an Airline we do try to do out best to make it easier for the passengers, and I do take the view that its better to delay and apologise for the situation rather then screw 800 people's travel arrangements up at the last minute.