PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRS ATCO's - A question.
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 20:20
Julian Andrews

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re. BRS ATCOs

To CaptAirProx: Good to hear from you. PPRUNE works! Point taken about the vectors when asked to keep the speed up. Maybe it was just a "bad-vector-day" by the ATCO - I have them from time to time, I'll own-up.

I think Martin Barnes has a good point about the autopilot response too - he should know, the amount of approaches he and his guys at BFC shoot at BRS every single day. Thanks, Martin.

I sympathise with your comments re. the apron markings. We're a victim of our own success, constantly trying to squeeze more aircarft, of bigger sizes, into the same amount of tarmac/concrete. We did send BE Ops fax-copies of the Apron stand layout - twice! Yes, I know it should be in the Jepps/Aerads but it won't be until probably July, at a guess. You can alawys ask for a "follow-me" vehicle or some directions from ATC any time, if that helps.

Despite the crap coffee, the offer is always there for a visit to our shiny new Tower and a chat with the team on duty. Open-door-policy to pilots, for sure.