PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leave entitlement ???
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 16:43
Wholigan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm..... two points/questions.

Firstly, I must have been very lucky in my 37 years in the RAF, because I have only met 2 (and NO - I won't name them) obstructive adminers. The rest have been really helpful and constructive for me. Maybe that's because I used to drink with them in and out of the Mess (yes - I know - I'll drink with anyone). In my humble opinion, the likes of Admin Guru are few and far between, but - yes - I accept that I have not had to fight any major battles on that front lately! But I am allowed to express an "in my experience" opinion.

The second point/question is on CCS drills. I should like to know the logical explanation of why the Regt world is trying to insist that I do an annual CCS training session? Why shouldn't you do it you may ask? If I explain that I am a 57 year old FTRS (Home Commitment) reserve officer, who not only does not have a war role, but is not allowed to go out of area or even detach anywhere except St Mawgan for ATC Summer Camp flying, maybe you will see my point. Since it took over a year to replace my predecessor with me, I wonder how my point blank refusal to do this nonsense will be viewed when it gets up the line?????