PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leave entitlement ???
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 15:52
BEagle

Received 333 Likes on 116 Posts
Actually I think that the Rocks do us pretty well. They have a fairly robust sense of humour and know that most people's idea of a nice day is not b*ggering about in the gas chamber taking the damn mask off every few seconds, changing canisters etc - so they do give some quarter!

It would be nice to have a bit more training and a bit less testing though - as we used to.

It still creases me up when you get that "What are your actions on sensing a nuclear detonation" question - I get so tempted to say "Ring my Health and Safety representative and complain......"

But I did learn something last year. For the first time ever someone actually explained the correct grip to use on the SLP and how it improves accuracy. It worked as well!!

But sorry - I see no need for the vast majority of the jockstrapping branch's activity. Aircrew all have annual PMEs, those who also have JAA Class 1s will have an ECG even more often and aircrew over the age of 50 have ECGs twice a year regardless. There is absolutely no need for aircrew assessed so often to pedal that silly bike or to do a few press-ups and sit-ups. The RAF medics say you're fit enough, so does the CAA AME. That's all that should be needed - and if we stopped the RAFFT for aircrew whom the doctors say are fit, the RAF could save itself some money! Probably be one less 'push factor' for the seriously pi$$ed off as well......