PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leave entitlement ???
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 12:36
Baz Heath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle my dear chap, I hate to disagree with you, but your comments about the rocks are a little 'flawed'
I also believe that the regiment has a place in the RAF and a part to play. My concern is that it plays the wrong part

Q: When was the last time a British serviceman was killed by a chemical attack?
Ans: During the 1st World War

Q: When was the last time a British serviceman was killed by a terrorist gunman or bomber?
Ans: A lot more recently!

So what do we teach and practice at our CCS lectures? Yep, the dreaded chemical attack precautions!!! Why?

If you stick your fingers into the three pin socket on the wall, it will bl$$dy hurt (and probably burn a bit!)
You do not need to do it next year to check that it still hurts do you??

My point is that our lords and masters at the very top, have allowed these people to weald their big stick, and they are now an empire out of control. Just like our dear friends in all those nice hand brake mansions, and just like the Ped world. It is NOT my Flt Cdr, Sqn Cdr or even Stn Cdr who is deciding who goes on deployment to the desert etc. It is the Cpl PTI, the Cpl Rockape, the sacw scribbly blah.

The Air Farce has lost sight of it's primary role in life. That is to fly the aircraft and complete the mission. Not pander to the needs of a few fairly insignificant trades, who will use every means at their disposal to maintain their jobs in life!

Rant over, time for a lay down on my nice camp bed, under the stars. Where's that yellow and black handle??