PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRS ATCO's - A question.
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 09:55
CaptAirProx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRS ATCO's - A question.

Hey ladies and gents from the sunny climes of BRS in the costa del south west of England -

I would like to know why it is very common for our flights to be vectored onto the ILS on 27 or 09 at BRS with a resultant fail to capture properly as we shoot through the localiser. I know this can happen from time to time, but it is now a standard joke in the briefing that what's the chances of being pushed through the ILS at BRS! Some of the guys I fly with reckon each controller is different, but I have found it to be across the board at BRS. Is there something we as pilots are unaware of that is making your life difficult, such as Cardiff and Filton traffic making it a squeeze? I would like to know so as to defend you guys in our approach briefing. I am operating the Dash 8 into the field and do wonder whether it is because we tend to as an operator fly the descent/intermediate/initial approach faster than the other Dash operator into BRS. Could this be the reason, are you not able to predict our speed, therefore track vector?? All interesting stuff.

As I say, I want to defend you guys not ridicule. It maybe something we are doing therefore we could help? Cheers