PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2009, 05:26
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ssflyer - I too looked at the GF connection from LHR last summer but when I added the cost of the coach to LHR and the fact that I had to be at LHR by 7am to check in, for me it made no sense at all. I know that 0345 arrival into MCT is not nice but with those shiny new ID card entry gates and hand luggage only I can be in my bed barely an hour later......incidentally have you tried LX, great service and a daytime connection out of BHX (0840 arrives MCT 2200ish, admittedly with a non-disembarkation stop in AUH too though)?

I guess choice of route and airline depends on many factors (i'm lucky, my company pays for me) but I still think that BHX is often over looked and there is very significant and unnecessary pax leakage to LHR - I wonder how many of the general public (and indeed Travel Agents) are aware of new flights to PHL and IST this summer direct from BHX and more to the point the connections that can be made worldwide via these airports?

As for WY, BHX and a direct flight to MCT, we can but dream - a friend just flew on their 330 but only 45 pax on board coming from LHR last Tuesday - how long can they keep that up?!