PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What About The Senior Guys???
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 04:01
Daxon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ToTheMoon

Firstly I have been with CPA since the eighties. The most senior guy on the roster today, joined in 1974.

The HKAOA is trying to do a lot of things for a lot of people. What exactly do you think they have been trying to achieve for the last eight or nine years? Are you familiar with R, R & B? "Priority for routes, leaves, etc" you ask. Perhaps you are unaware that we do not have a bid system as such. Leave is done purely on a points system. No seniority involved.

"Why does the union and the bulk of its members ignore these issues?" They don’t and never have. This is why we are in this position.

Firstly knickers is spelled with a K. Getting the leave you request is hardly ever guaranteed and often taken away by the company. Christmas with the family you ask. Ha! You haven’t been around long have you.

The 49ers are patently not gone. How do you know they will never be brought back into CX? As someone else asked, what do you think is realistic and achievable and I ask again, what do you think we in the AOA have been trying to achieve for the last few years?

For further enlightenment please talk to a lot more people to get fully abreast of the situation.

Perhaps I’ve got it all wrong and you’ve been around for ages and know better.

How long have you been involved with CPA and the ongoing problems?

Thank you.